The Queen of Our Lives





From my rib 
  
Into the world you became 
The essence of elegance 
The carrier of life 
Your nurturing spirit 
Your caring soul 
  
A Woman 
  
Disgrace is brought upon a man that disrespects you 
You have courage under fire as you struggle to beat the odds 
Bombarded with life’s tough issues 
You face them head on with stride and grace 
  
A Woman 
  
It hurts my heart to see you suffer 
It pains my soul to witness the pain you endure 
The true queen of our lives 
  
A Woman 
  
I cherish you 
I cater to you 
I love you 
  
A Woman 
  
No one feels compassion like you 
No one cares and nurtures in your way 
No one understands the pain of child birth as you do 
  
A Woman 
  
Some men today don’t appreciate you 
Most men today love and respect you 
The true queen of our lives 
  
A Woman 


Tony L. Jefferson, Jr. 2008

Comments

Popular Posts