Never Censored





You know you're getting known when the people try to censor you 
So afraid of truth that they'd rather revert back to 
Bondage 
Or some form of it 
I'd rather speak my mind and get chastised for it 
Some would like to help me fall on my way down 
But get disappointed when I rise like butterflies 
Because I'll never be the one to conform to the status quo 
They never gave a damn about me so why should I them 
When my people continue to struggle with poverty 
Denied for health that can possibly help heal 
Who would have known we all had to deal 
With the facts of oppression in the 21st 
Sometimes I feel as if we never left the 60's 
We're still shucking and jiving trying to make ends meet 
Some will find this offensive and if so, so be it 
I can never be censored my voice is strong 


Tony L. Jefferson, Jr. 2013

Comments

  1. As a fellow nonconformist, I agree with your sentiments about censorship and the status quo. I like this quote by Christopher Hitchens: "Don’t take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever you think, you’re bound to be OK because you’re in the safely moral majority."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts