Releasing You



The funk of depression kept me from truly discovering myself 
Left me in a sort of purgatory state 
I forgot how to be me 
How to truly love and accept life as it comes 
How to do my best to dictate my destiny 
You didn’t want me moping, struggling to find a way 
You wanted me happy and joyful, progressing in every way 
So I’ll take the mantle 
And begin to chill with the depressed antics of regression 
For your purpose to truly live and prosper 
I must live and prosper 
So today, my love, as hard as it is for me to do 
I must honor your memory by letting you be free 
Free from the constraints of my memories 
Free from worrying even when you’re not on earth 
I must set you free from me without ever forgetting that it is you who truly set me free 
Today, in front of God, family and friends, I release you Jackie 
I will always love you 
I will always cherish the memories we had 
I know you’re looking down and praising this moment 
I will struggle with it from this moment 
But for now, I release you 
But I’ll always need you 
But you’re released because I’ll always find a way to make it 
I love you eternally 
But I must move forward 
Our work isn’t yet done 
Love 
  
  
Tony L. Jefferson, Jr. 2014

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts