Saturday, April 19, 2014

An Ode to the Lady who is not perfect



By: Tony L. Jefferson, Jr.

I never felt it was fair to perceive her as just a woman

Just a being that existed beside me

She was natural, with a big afro that weather couldn’t blow

The way she walked, a silky sashay through the room commanding attention

She was like smooth jazz played at an expensive dinner

I longed to meet her

But yet

I was too caught up in mental fantasies

Scared to finally face reality and ask her for a simple dance

She was perfect in every way

I pictured her moving in tune with me moving to our favorite tune

Flowing like natural water falls as we fall into an intimate embrace

What a woman I would say

What a lady on this day

I finally got the nerve to approach her

My dreams were being realized before mine own eyes

When fantasy would finally meet reality

Just as I went in to present my case

She turns to me

Dreamy eyes, dreamy eyes

Sweet lips accented in mahogany lip stick

My lady, I would like to partake in a sweet embrace

I would like to move in a sensuous mood

We danced for an eternity it seemed

But alas, our song ended

And as I moved in for a kiss

She disappeared into a fine, sweet mist

Perfection is only perceived in the mind



But with time we shall develop as one and your flaws become perfection to me

3 comments:

  1. An absolutely wonderful post Tony, I read it twice and loved the last line that sums it all up very well 'Perfection is only perceived in the mind'. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend, i am happy i can still bring it.

      Delete