Never Got to Say Goodbye (For my Sister)



A beautiful soul 
So lovely a lady 
Gone from the world 
But not from my heart 
These words I speak 
Your ear will never hear 
Tragedy struck at so young an age 
My anger runs deep 
Rage burns within 
So beautiful your soul 
Now floats above 
My hearts in pieces 
I cried that day 
First time in awhile 
For a moment I was you 
Enduring the struggle 
Shedding the tears 
Feeling the pain 
As the time grew short 
Your last breath was drawn 
Peace replaced the fear in your eyes 
Your tortured soul released from its earthbound prison 
Memories I hold both good and bad 
Will remain with me for eternity 
Your soul finally resting 
My rage is subsiding 
Words never said to your living ear 
I feel your spirit listening 
Forever with me you will remain 
My beautiful sister 
Katesia Marshae Weathers 
(Sept 14, 1980- Oct 27, 2007) 
I love you 
RIP 



Tony L. Jefferson, Jr. 2008

Comments

  1. She was beautiful.
    May her memory be a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always sad when a loved one passes away. The time you had with her was short, but I'm sure you've been left with wonderful memories, even though some may be bitter sweet. I know you and your family will always have her in your hearts.
    A beautiful picture of her too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts