Nightmares from the Deep




Sometimes I dream of misery 
Despair consumes my unconscious mind and I become lifeless 
I float aimlessly through an empty void filled with the demons of my past 
My future stands but a sliver of a chance but that sliver is enough to combat the pain of the moment 
Nights like this, I cry raindrops that fall to lost souls on earth 
I came apart because I’m torn between life and love 
But they are the forces also holding me together 
My nightmare is as deep as the deepest ocean as spaced as the unknown universe 
Clowns dance on the graves of the unhappy 
Trying to make them laugh in a world that stifles humor 
I’ll always appreciate reality 
Because it’s the only truth I have the luxury of enjoying 
Nightmares from the deep are a common occurrence 
But just once I want a pleasant dream 
  
  
  
Tony L. Jefferson, Jr. 2013

Comments

Popular Posts